Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tori vs. Naruto in God/religion theroy

+5
maxime
Truce
dragonknight
Torigoma
Naruto
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tori vs. Naruto in God/religion theroy Empty Tori vs. Naruto in God/religion theroy

Post by Naruto Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:36 am

Yes god can be called a great scientist (probably the world's greatest) but on the other hand science does not prove his existence. Many scientists have used the scientific method of Question, Hypothisis, Observation and Anyalysis and many of them have proven enough evidence that he might exsist (scientifically of coarse) but they have never actually had enough evidence to prove his exsistence as a fact. That is why religion (take Christianity or Judaism for example) are made up by something called faith because even though they know that god can not be scientifically proven they believe in him anyway.
Naruto
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 2211
TNR Name : NarutoRock

RPG Stats
Name: Fuji Hiro
Village: Gesshoku(Moonlight)

Back to top Go down

Tori vs. Naruto in God/religion theroy Empty Re: Tori vs. Naruto in God/religion theroy

Post by Torigoma Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:46 pm

Once again, The same could be said for Evolution, There are many study to try and prove it, but there is no proff. I say to you, it take just as much Faith (maybe even more) to belive in Evolution that to belive in God.

Sorry, I've got to put this on hold right now, I'm not gona be on for awhile.
Torigoma
Torigoma
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 2147
TNR Name : Kashoku (Formerly Torigoma)

RPG Stats
Name: Torigoma Kashoku
Village: Ekishou(Crystal)

Back to top Go down

Tori vs. Naruto in God/religion theroy Empty Re: Tori vs. Naruto in God/religion theroy

Post by dragonknight Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:21 pm

If we go at it that way, then everything comes down to beliefs.
For instance, how do you know that someone isn't playing chess with us?
dragonknight
dragonknight

Male
Number of posts : 604
TNR Name : dragonknight

RPG Stats
Name: Ntu Sountavar Frior
Village: Hyouga(Ice)

http://rp-wars.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:00 pm

I don't know but I know is that religion and god are mostly made up of faith. o.o
Naruto
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonknight Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:08 pm

that's true
dragonknight
dragonknight

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks. ^^
Naruto
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Truce Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:40 am

*cough* I wish i had been here for this, lol. Would've been Called Tori V. Naruto V. Truce ^^
Truce
Truce

Female
Number of posts : 216
TNR Name : Truce

RPG Stats
Name: Truce Urey

Back to top Go down

Post by maxime Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:33 pm

why do you say that Truce?
maxime
maxime
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 6432
TNR Name : madmax

RPG Stats
Name: Maxime Delivinchi
Village: Taiyou(Sun)

http://www.bebo.com/maxime_delivinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Truce Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:49 pm

I'm actually fairly smart, lol.
Truce
Truce

Female

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by maxime Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:15 pm

perhaps but the topic was based on religion and having a vast knowledge on that subject would help... then again its up to you if you wish to debate any specific religeous aspect..
maxime
maxime
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Truce Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Trust me x.x I've been in these arguments.
Truce
Truce

Female

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by maxime Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:24 pm

well if you want to get involved state your main point of interest and see if someone wants to debate you on it ^^
maxime
maxime
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Truce Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:25 pm

xD I don't think I'd be very well liked if I did so ^^
Truce
Truce

Female

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by maxime Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 pm

that wouldnt matter its you expressing your opinion
maxime
maxime
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Truce Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Eh, possibly ^^ Religious debates often get too heated ^^
Truce
Truce

Female

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Rionz Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:01 am

Believe in GOD just an old answer for things not known, nowdays is just the easy way to give importance or reason to life.

I wrote sometime ago. Is just a sarcastic point of view..

Spoiler:

if there is no god, there is not heaven, not hell, not good, not evil, just rationalism.. and humans have in his hands the way they live (Good and Evil is other full topic) but usually people like to give this complicated thing to "God". so.. this is what i think.

Most of people believe in god without thinking and other are just "fans" of it. As it is said, "all evil things were trapped in a box that pandora open; the last and worst, was hope - F.Nietzche". this the main point in believing in god, humans can not deal with the fact, that is up to us what we do, not the responsibility of something bigger; we are just a lucky strike in all universe, not something planned; our importance don't come form divinity, comes from our self existance in this universe with really high possibilities.

Believing in god, is just an old fashion. Nowdays, the fashion is being not believer XD

Ciao..

ps. let's read, what Truce has to say about it ^^
ps2. the only goddess is AiKirikaX-sama Twisted Evil
Rionz
Rionz

Male
Number of posts : 586
TNR Name : Rionz

http://www.rionzalgus.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truce Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:18 am

Okay...
1. Don't be sarcastic with religion, people find it important and I respect that.
2. People rationalize good and evil >.> Even non-believers think that it is "good" to give a homeless man a few dollars and they find it "evil" when people are murdered for their beliefs....So even without God, good and Evil exist.
3. Pandora's Box is from Greek mythology and has no race in Religion anymore o.o
4. There are trillions galaxies and trillions of lifeforms, it seems bigoted to think that a 1 in a billion chance *Earth* couldn't happen somewhere else within trillions of places
5. Believing isn't an old fashion or there would be more non-believers than there are believers...
Truce
Truce

Female

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:45 am

I'm gonna stay on the sidelines, I'm to busy to sit down and debate right now. x_x
And Rionz has got to stop obsessing with kiri, it's unhealthy for teh mind... xD
Naruto
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Rionz Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:31 am

Truce wrote:
2. People rationalize good and evil >.> Even non-believers think that it is "good" to give a homeless man a few dollars and they find it "evil" when people are murdered for their beliefs....So even without God, good and Evil exist.

well, in rationalism there is not good or evil, there is what is correct or incorrect judgment, and of course it depends in moral, and many things.. that's why i said is a full other topic.. but for religions, the concepts of good and evil are part of their basis.. (specially Cristianism), i said that, because of this kind of examples.

ex. 1 - For Musulmans is good for male dominate females, also is good to treat women as objects..
ex. 2 - for Cristians (diferents from catolics) is evil even harry potter books and related, they believe that any reference to sorcery and witchcraft is evil "per se" (that means, before everithing or anything)

Good and Evil, refer that God is good, anything that not belong to god or is away from god is evil.

Also, have you hear about Mussolini paradox??, ok, it says like this: "When Mussolini was a kid he almost drown, a lady save him; years after he became the leader of Itialian army, and facist army, and many were killed because of him. It was correct that the lady save him?", well It was.. she did was it was correct, but if you think with this other statement. "japanes believe that people that save a life are complety responsible of that life from that moment and after" so.. the lady do wrong in not making sure that kid grew up away from militars.. well.. how about that homeless you give a dollar today and he lives today but next day he kill for money or die because anyone give him money.. I think giving homeless money, and hopes, are bad, becuase you make them dependent of others (yes, i could be call cold or inhuman) but is better giving them an oportunity of job to make them productive (i hate inproductive people, that ask for money) and telling them that this is not a fairy tale, were everything is easy and ther will be always opportunities, this is "real world" if you want something you will have to work for it, and working as honest, as respectfull is the best way.

Truce wrote:3. Pandora's Box is from Greek mythology and has no race in Religion anymore o.o

yes, but always was interpreted as hope is the only thing good in a source of evil, Nietzche make the statement that hope is the greatest evil (in his sarcastic way) because hope makes humans losers, and is not sarcastic; it make us losers becuase we depend in something that not exists or other things instead of making things, making sure of things to happen; also hope make us believe in nothing rational... is in few words "just wait, not act"

I wrote that as an statement of how religion make people act without thinkig just act as they are told, not thinking if it is correct or not, if it is good for them or not.

Ex. the guys that killed themselfs becuase of a comet!! their religion says that something in the comet will take their souls and live forever happy in eternity.

After-live is a good fairy tale.

Truce wrote:4. There are trillions galaxies and trillions of lifeforms, it seems bigoted to think that a 1 in a billion chance *Earth* couldn't happen somewhere else within trillions of places

even like that the possibilities of humans in other places or intelligent beings in other places are really high and if that happen, religions will be complety wrong!

Truce wrote:5. Believing isn't an old fashion or there would be more non-believers than there are believers...

just 500 years ago people used to belive that earth was a plane and the center of the univers, and they belive that for more than 1,500 years!! and it takes many years for people to accept that earth is not plane!, so people belive that god exist for many many years (almost 10,000 years; just realized when gilgamesh tablets were made), 100 years ago (or more) philosophers could said that "god have Died" without being murdered.. so it is indeed a old fashion, and nowdays, many people called themselfs atheists, so is the new fashion.. it will take its time to religions to disappear or being minority....

that is why i wrote about religion as something that not exist in year 3000...

Ciao..

Ps. naruto i can't stop, if i do i will certanly die.. i will have no reason for live or AiKirikaX-sama will eat me for not being a "good-boy" :3
Rionz
Rionz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Truce Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:34 am

I have no idea what you just typed o.o Too many misspellings and I think you've misunderstood my views x.x
Truce
Truce

Female

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Rionz Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:03 am

sorry about misspellings. =___=

@ Truce:

well.. about good and evil.. i just try to say that religions make those reasonings instead of people doing them.. and with no religion they will have to make them, and also try to say that not for all is good helping others..

about your third point.. i just explain why i used it in a debate about religion

for point 4th, i understand that you say that are high % for other intelligent things living out there.. and is a complety logical statement, i answer that even that % is not as big as the % of humans being a lucky strike.

and the last point I explain why religion is an old fashion...

maybe i missunderstand.. sure i am not good at english as i should be XD.. but my point is, religions era will end soon (maybe in 100 or 200 years more..) that is what i think... they are not needed more, they become really irrational sometimes, and the concept of god is going down...

Ciao..
Rionz
Rionz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonknight Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:28 pm

I disagree with Rionz's point of view about hope... hope is what gives us a reason to live... we hope and act to make what we hope happen... without hope... there would be no reason for action
dragonknight
dragonknight

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirikaX Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:09 pm

about hope.... i think youre both are right and wrong at the same time.....

sure... if ppl are just hoping... just sitting around waiting for some miracle to happen.... nothing comes out of it...
but on the other site... if ppl have no hope... of having a good life one day... why even living... why not just commit suicide...

thats why i say... there need to be some mix...
a bit hope is always good...
but too much isnt good either.... as ppl need to take things in their own hands

and of course truce....
having respect to all kinds of religion is good....
the christian religion is what made us like we are.... im not talking about the believe in god itself.... but about the culture that developped out of it...
after all.... the basic christian thought is.... love yourself and love other as yourself.... meaning... treating other ppl in a good way... gave us morals etc...

and ... i dont believe in god.... yes im an atheist myself
but you could say that i was influenced by it in that way... that i too have morals....

but i also dont believe that the earth is the only planet on which life like this was possible.....
there might be just another planet with ppl out there... who ask just the same questions
AiKirikaX
AiKirikaX
Forum Fairy
Forum Fairy

Female
Number of posts : 8840
TNR Name : AiKirikaX

RPG Stats
Name: Kusabana Ai Kirika

http://onegai-hanashi.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rionz Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:09 am

about hope.. there is a russian proverb "Expect the best, prepare for the worst"... as Kiri said the balance is just expect the best to happen, but make it sure (give all of you) to happen..

dragonknight wrote: hope is what gives us a reason to live... we hope and act to make what we hope happen... without hope... there would be no reason for action

that is the main problem.. your hopes are the reason you live for? hope of being loved, hope of have a succesfull life, hope of everything will be ok..
They are not!; the reason you live for, is because you want to be loved, you want a succesfull life, you want everything will be ok, not the hopes... it is "needs" , they are all needs, necesities.. not hopes..

the concept of "hope" inference that you rely on something else not in you. It is better to live looking to fullfill your needs to expect them to be fullfilled.

and this is the problem with religion, for example catolisim, the say that you can be a sinner all your live, but if in the end if you regret about everything and have faith in God, you will be saved!

just WTF!!!!

they just hope that their soul will be saved, but they do not do anything real to save it from the beging!!! that is what piss me off... they don't really care about others; they, in the end, just care about their souls!!!

Ciao..
Rionz
Rionz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by viperzfury Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:56 am

I could so post on this topic since I have actually taken many classes in the subject and could rgue both ways, but the arguments would be way to long to write ^^;;
viperzfury
viperzfury

Male
Number of posts : 289
TNR Name : viperzfury (now chojiro)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next