Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are.

+2
Ryuku
Soul
6 posters

Go down

Prohibit Religion?

Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_lcap17%Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_lcap17%Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_lcap66%Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_rcap 66% 
[ 4 ]
Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_lcap0%Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Empty Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are.

Post by Soul Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:13 am

Ryuku wrote:
Soul wrote:You made some valid points, but I could still argue the triviality of that "rule".

But I shall not, for it is my experience of many years on the internet that has taught me this one fact:

Admins always win.

However it would be the least you could do to delete the spam posts from his topic, including these ones.

Don't get me wrong this forum is pretty much a dictatorship, but that doesn't mean I am always right. I may not agree with what you said but I respect you for saying it up front. Don't let this discourage you from disagreeing with me or arguing o.O

Alright, I'll bite, but I've decided to continue this here, to give Tori his topic back.

Lets pretend the text in between the lines has been posted (by me) in my showcase topic "Souls Thread".

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys. I was just considering the 4 seasons, and I got to thinking, everything has a cycle.
I mean, how we sleep, and awake. Live and die, I just feel as if everything in life has it's opposite.
Tall to short, hot to cold. You know? Nothing could exist without contrast. Anyone else think so?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Have I broken a rule Ryuku?

Last edited by Soul on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Soul
Soul

Male
Number of posts : 49
TNR Name : Soul

RPG Stats
Name: Razlo Yabureme
Village: Gesshoku(Moonlight)

Back to top Go down

Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Empty Re: Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are.

Post by Ryuku Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 am

No rules broken. Not sure what this proves however since it isn't religion related or anything else that dosn't belong on this forum.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male
Number of posts : 2051
TNR Name : Ryuku

RPG Stats
Name: Cloud Kai
Village: Sky Kingdom

http://shinehq.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are. Empty Re: Soul and Ryuku Discuss things like the fancy gentlemen they are.

Post by Soul Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:54 am

Actually it is, although I didn't state it, I was describing two central concepts of Taoism.

1. Everything has a cycle.
2. Everything that exists through contrast.

You cannot be conscious of all aspects of all religions, so at your school it must be okay to wear beanies, hoodies, and bandanna's but not hats. That is called unintentional discrimination.

Unless you are aware of all religions, and their customs, ideologies, texts, and themes, how can you fairly remove any of it?
Soul
Soul

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:21 am

You consider it taoism, I consider it primarily a philosophy or opinion if you will. I don't see why I need to have an understanding of all religions in order to remove a single one, that's a very strange statement...

Terr dosn't know every single language in the world, yet he made an English only rule. Forumotion dosn't know every type of illegal operation yet they made a rule that nothing illegal can be posted on a forum hosted by it or it will be deleted. Same situation applies here, I don't have to know all religions in order to outlaw them all here except in controlled debates. Again I respect that your trying to prove a point, but its obvious that we are both too intelligent and stubborn to reach a conclusion. Post after post convincing examples will be made on both sides, but neither of us will agree with the other most likely.

Why not a poll. Cool
Ryuku
Ryuku
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:50 am

Fine, I put up a poll.

I voted for;
Allow it, but regulate it.

I think as long as it's not hurting anyone, leave it be.
Soul
Soul

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:57 am

Soul wrote:Fine, I put up a poll.

I voted for;
Allow it, but regulate it.

I think as long as it's not hurting anyone, leave it be.

I got you, but the thing is that I agree with you and regulating it is what im doing. It isn't allowed in things like graphic video's but in controlled debates it is.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Torigoma Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:16 pm

^_^ I'm gona stay out of this because I want to see how this turns out, you both have made great points of view lol. Anywho, this is a great exsample of one of the thing I was thinking when I suggested the Debate bourd, awsome job both of you.
Torigoma
Torigoma
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 2147
TNR Name : Kashoku (Formerly Torigoma)

RPG Stats
Name: Torigoma Kashoku
Village: Ekishou(Crystal)

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:21 am

What I think is that religon here shouldn't be prohibited... but extremist videos and ideas shouldn't be posted.
Nobody should go overboard. o.o
Naruto
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 2211
TNR Name : NarutoRock

RPG Stats
Name: Fuji Hiro

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirikaX Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:20 pm

i guess i have to agree with NR...
as long as it is... rather harmless...
its ok to post up stuff about religion...

what i dont like are things that seem to make propaganda ... or try to lure you into a believe
extremistic views are a no go
AiKirikaX
AiKirikaX
Forum Fairy
Forum Fairy

Female
Number of posts : 8840
TNR Name : AiKirikaX

RPG Stats
Name: Kusabana Ai Kirika
Village: Ekishou(Crystal)

http://onegai-hanashi.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:03 am

Nip it in the bud while we can.

I've found that discussion on this topic only brings forth heated debates, then insults about other ideas, and then just plain verbal attacks to one-another. Separation of Church and Forum o.o
Haruko
Haruko
C.H.O.

Male
Number of posts : 503
TNR Name : Haruko

RPG Stats
Name: Haruko Itomake
Village: None

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down