Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Souls Thread

5 posters

Go down

Souls Thread Empty Souls Thread

Post by Soul Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:57 am

I have some AMV's and poetry to share, but that'll come later.

Last week I had a very vivid and emotional dream. It was so intense that when I awoke at 4 a.m I rushed to my computer and wrote a short story about it. I don't know what kind of reaction I'll get, but I want to share it with you guys. So here it is -

"After my Death"

Headstones loom on either side me, the dirt walkways are overgrown with grasses, and mosses cling to the older, forgotten headstones. A tall fence of black metal bars surrounds me, silhouetted in the creamy white fog, square and pointed at their tips. Little can be seen beyond those grim iron bars. From the fence hang several candlelit lanterns that do not flicker, and give a constant, hazy orange glow, distinctly visible through the mist; that mist which secludes this graveyard from the rest of the world. The headstones vary from grave to grave, and can be viewed in great detail, while the outside scenery remains a white out. It seems quiet at first, until I start to listen; crickets chirp their beautifully somber melody, the night’s only companionship. Everything is so incredibly lifeless; all colors appear white or in obscure shades of Gray, even I am adorned in white clothing. I trudge through the rows of stone, morosely inspecting each one. My hand glides over each stone, the coldness spreads throughout my body and the chills feel oddly pleasant. Names and dates are only worthy of a glance but those with an epitaph demand a pause and consideration. This is the only way to speak with the dead, to read what they would have anchored above their eternal resting place. My own grave is here, the dirt freshly churned the headstone clean and centered. The epitaph brings tears and a smile to my face. I hear people coming, their footsteps echoing, louder and louder, and I can hear sobbing, I turn away without looking. I know it is my parents, my memory still freshly lingering in their minds. An enormous, beautiful red and gold door appears before me. It is a double door, with brilliant golden handles. I grab them strongly and pull the doors open to reveal a red and golden stairway stretching down into an inferno. The decent seems easy enough, easier than walking in the grave yard. The worldly sounds fade and heat becomes increasingly intense, I’m sweating, burning, and laughing. Soon the torment will consume my every thought, so before I lose myself, I remember my resolve, and I know; I have no regrets.

-End
Soul
Soul

Male
Number of posts : 49
TNR Name : Soul

RPG Stats
Name: Razlo Yabureme
Village: Gesshoku(Moonlight)

Back to top Go down

Souls Thread Empty Re: Souls Thread

Post by AiKirikaX Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:27 am

wow
so much text
the title seems to tell something deep in the story...
but sorry... im too lazy to read.... x.x
maybe you can put more structure inside... more line breaks, paragraphs, etc
AiKirikaX
AiKirikaX
Forum Fairy
Forum Fairy

Female
Number of posts : 8840
TNR Name : AiKirikaX

RPG Stats
Name: Kusabana Ai Kirika
Village: Ekishou(Crystal)

http://onegai-hanashi.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by maxime Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 am

interesting..

needs to be paragraphed so easier to read for those short story readers x.x

i noticed that you went back to the same topic twice in it even though you explained very well the first time.

i like how descriptive it was.

have much potential as a writer ^__^
maxime
maxime
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 6432
TNR Name : madmax

RPG Stats
Name: Maxime Delivinchi
Village: Taiyou(Sun)

http://www.bebo.com/maxime_delivinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 am

I think I'll plagurize that for my homework xD, jk.
It's very good that your keeping a dream journal, if you want it to seem more poetic I suggest more metaphors.
Naruto
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 2211
TNR Name : NarutoRock

RPG Stats
Name: Fuji Hiro
Village: Gesshoku(Moonlight)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 am

Naruto wrote:I think I'll plagurize that for my homework xD, jk.
It's very good that your keeping a dream journal, if you want it to seem more poetic I suggest more metaphors.

I wasn't aiming for poetic, I was aiming for descriptive.
Thank you all for your input.

Now for some of my AMV's. I'm getting better but I'm still nothing special.