Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Fever

5 posters

Go down

Obama Fever Empty Obama Fever

Post by Torigoma Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:46 am

This is Open to anyone, Even those outside the USA.

What's your Opinion on the New President? Frankly I don't like him, he's too unstable in his Policies, but what he can realy do is yet to be seen, He might be another Roosevelt or he could be a Nixon, Only time will tell.

Last edited by Torigoma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Torigoma
Torigoma
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 2147
TNR Name : Kashoku (Formerly Torigoma)

RPG Stats
Name: Torigoma Kashoku
Village: Ekishou(Crystal)

Back to top Go down

Obama Fever Empty Re: Obama Fever

Post by Haruko Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:55 pm

I've never been too interested in politics, but as far as I'm concerned he's just another president. A lot of things will indeed change in the U.S... some good and some bad, but I highly doubt anything will change to the point that the US implodes.

Hopefully the plan he's implementing does justice for us citizens. These "tax cuts" of his I find somewhat humorous though. Sure, he may cut a few things by a small amount, but others will rise. Taxes are indeed necessary and there will be an equilibrium about them.

No Child Left Behind certainly needs reformed, and as far as I know he plans on doing so. I found this whole thing to be a joke ever since the start, it's useless, just get rid of it.

He made claims about finding alternative fuels... big whoop. Anyone would have, yes we'll eventually run out of oil and yes we can't live without what we have today... so yes, alternative fuels would be nice.

I guess my point is he's just another person, and I don't see anything great coming from him.
Haruko
Haruko
C.H.O.

Male
Number of posts : 503
TNR Name : Haruko

RPG Stats
Name: Haruko Itomake
Village: None

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayaname Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:53 pm

well i do think that ppl ask this question too much!!!
let the guy be...he is president for about what 30 days?...you can't even do anything in that short time.
i really agree with his platform in most thing like the retreat from Iraq and thaking back banks from private hands to government control (as they do in china where the economy is actually almost unharmed).
Ayaname
Ayaname

Male
Number of posts : 689
TNR Name : griffith16

RPG Stats
Name: None

Back to top Go down

Post by Torigoma Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:41 pm

It's all About momentum Ayaname, The First few Mounths are gona be some of the most important to his run, they will set not only the pase, but also the publics view of him, and yes People talk about it alot, but it's a Important Topic as well.
Torigoma
Torigoma
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayaname Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:29 pm

i don't agree...i think that things will really start to happen only after the buzz will be gone.
politicians do almost nothing while under the spotlight plus obamas plans are long range once so the pace isn't set at all.
he is all about the slow and gradual rebuilding of the american economy,school system ect...
the one thing i do nt like about his platform is the fact that he is to naive about the situation in the middle east.
im not saying the he needs to deploy troops but he needs to be more hands on on every situation like the release of Gilad Shalit the Israeli soldier that is held captive.
Ayaname
Ayaname

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Torigoma Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Ture, Ture, Alot of His Policies have yet to realy get started, and it's gona take a while for us to see their effects, but at the same time, you have to also think of the here and now, what can he do now to help, and what is he and what is he not doing to do this. The Country is not hurting in the future, it is hurting here and now, and it need help, is the Future Important? yes, but the Future means nothing if we do not think of now. As for the war, I am grateful, and proud of those that are protecting this country, but I feel that we've done what we came to do, can we still do more? absoluty, but should we? thats up to the people of the middle east. Israeli is our ally, but we've got to do only what is our right to do, and not Inforse our selfd unless it's Nessary, or this thing will just keep geting big and big, till nothing can stop it.
Torigoma
Torigoma
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayaname Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:57 pm

well you'r talking a lot about "the here and now" but you need to understand that on a nation wide scale their is never (well almost never) a "here and now".
things move alond in a slow pace and that's ok.
as for what you said about the israeli situation (you may not know but i was born in the states and moved when i was 6-7 to Israel) if the terrorists see that we have a bit less then a united front with this U.S administration and i think we need to show then that it is not true!
btw the deadline for Gilad's release is today(in israel) and i still don't know what will happen,they want hundreds of terrorist we hold in prisons(with good conditions) for a soldier held captive and if we don't go through with the deal i hink they will kill him...
Ayaname
Ayaname

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Torigoma Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm a Christian and all for a Israeli/USA united front, but we cannot step over our boundaries, that is the Israelis and Arabs home, Not ours, We will defend Israeli our Friend and Ally till the last drop of our blood runs out of our veins, but at the same time, we need to think of another way to finish this or it will only breed more hate and thus more fighting. Admittedly, Thought, I do not know the full extent of the operations that are going on, the Media is limited in my area on the subject, care to Enlighten me? As for the Captive, I realy don't know, we just got to trust the they something planned, Maybe I am too Optimistic, but I think we need a Little Optimum is this world right now.
Torigoma
Torigoma
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirikaX Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:26 am

i dont know about what he does in USA...
but all i know.. is... that outside the USA (at least in germany)
ppl hate bush... and love obama... ö.ö
AiKirikaX
AiKirikaX
Forum Fairy
Forum Fairy

Female
Number of posts : 8840
TNR Name : AiKirikaX

RPG Stats
Name: Kusabana Ai Kirika

http://onegai-hanashi.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:48 am

I think some people ignorantly voted for him because he seemed cool...I would have rather had mccain, but hey...he hasn't been president for long. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male
Number of posts : 2051
TNR Name : Ryuku

RPG Stats
Name: Cloud Kai
Village: Sky Kingdom

http://shinehq.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 am

Meh, I think overall I liked McCain more as well... but I vote Nader every time xD
Haruko
Haruko
C.H.O.

Male
Number of posts : 503
TNR Name : Haruko

RPG Stats
Name: Haruko Itomake

Back to top Go down

Post by Torigoma Mon May 03, 2010 3:02 am

Since it's been awhile, I've desided to drag this one back to the surface. Well the man's had quite a while to show us what he's got and frankly, I'm not likeing what I see, especially after that disaster of a health care bill reform, It was modeled after Canada's, and even THEY said it was a bad idea.
Torigoma
Torigoma
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

RPG Stats

Back to top Go down