Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been a long time.

4 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Chat

Go down

It's been a long time. Empty It's been a long time.

Post by Die30 Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:50 am

I was looking through my bookmarks on Internet explorer, which is essentially a time capsule of... 2-3 years ago. I just thought it was wierd that Core 2 has been around for (almost) three years now, and quite honestly things have changed a great deal since then. In TNR as well as my (and probably everyone's elses) personal lives. Let's start with Tnr, everyone started with 1 regen, and a time when 2 million exp was considered uber, and everyone realized generals=win, then we see essentially two types of people, General Whores, and Experience Sluts (lol) then slowly the whole game get's changed, trade system, war system, Clans, Mpvp, reworking of the battle formula, etc. and quite honesty I'm hardly on TNR ever anymore, about 5 minutes a day if that. Where as, let's say summer 2008 I could actually be on the computer for like two hours at a time, chillin' on Msn, where the forums where crazy active and fun times were had. Since then I've quit football, cut my hair, got a job, and all around have been forced to grow up. Quite honestly I sorta miss those days, nowadays my days are absoulutely pact with things, School 5 days a week and work 6 days a week worked so perfectly that I don't get a day off, and of course let's not forget the pressure of finding a college. Oddly enough there are two people I talk to that I meet from TNR, Locke and Mangekyo. I quite honestly like the old TNR better.

I suppose this topic it a reminissing topic, of two-three years ago, so where you guys 2 - 3 years ago? Did you guys play TNR, you still talk to people you meet from TNR? An did you guys like the old TNR or the new TNR? (can be comparitive core 1 to 2, or within core 2)
Die30
Die30

Male
Number of posts : 336
TNR Name : Die30

Back to top Go down

It's been a long time. Empty Re: It's been a long time.

Post by AiKirikaX Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:01 pm

hey die
nice to see you

well... like you ive started playng TNR core 2 from the beginning
it was a lot of fun, like you said yourself... active forums, comparrison between us, fun taverns...
but a lot has changed... my life as well...
i found the love of my life ♥
i finished school, started my apprenticeship, now i get up at 5 am and come home 6 pm leaving barely any free time
at the beginning of my "carreer" i still went online to tnr regularly even if its only for 5 mins... but nowadays maybe once or twice in a month
im still watching quite a lot... and got addicted to facebook instead XD

who am i still talking to... hmmm... i talked to goge a few times but barely recently, saw zest a few times, godkiller... ryuku
maxime is the only one from the forums and tnr i regularly talk to
i wished it would be different cause i really liked the times when i didnt want to go to sleep just cause i wanted to talk to everyone even though i had to get up early ^^

i really miss everyone Q_Q

core 1 or 2?
hard question as i barely remember what kind of features core 1 had... i guess there werent many to start with x.x
looking at it objectively core 2 is x times better, more features, more possibilities

AiKirikaX
AiKirikaX
Forum Fairy
Forum Fairy

Female
Number of posts : 8840
TNR Name : AiKirikaX

RPG Stats
Name: Kusabana Ai Kirika
Village: Ekishou(Crystal)

http://onegai-hanashi.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:57 am

I'm not sure if either of you will ever see this post seeing as nobody comes on here anymore, but what the heck:

Back in September of 2007, I was introduced to my first forum. Was not very computer/internet savvy back then, I had only recently learned how to copy and paste...The more time I spent on the internet, the more people I met, and the more memories I made, eventually I started up my own forum, and a member posted a link to TNR core 1.

I signed up a 12 year old immature kid with awful grammar/vocabulary, figuring I could entertain myself for a while. Little did I know that I would end up meeting some of the most amazing friends I've had the pleasure of knowing. It was a blast...I had more fun in the shine tavern from core 1 to early core 2 than I do playing pick up basketball at the rec. with friends nowadays.

I remember many people, many things...but the memories in the clan forum are most reminiscent. It started out a small dream with a list of people kept in a nindo, and eventually turned into a group of friends living in many different parts of the world who had a lot in common. It was there that us three shared the whole 'kiri is mj' convo in the chatbox, where many people found relationships and a place to go to get away from stress...

I still look back at forum archives sometimes and find myself smiling when I read them. Things were good in those days, TV was gold, my hometown pistons were still fun to watch, and the people of TNR were more likable so to speak...

These days my days are packed with homework, studying...the usual. I miss coming back from school at 2:46 PM and checking my PM box on TNR to find many people in need of help, and then talking with you two and the rest of the clan members.

The sad part about it is that there is no room for optimism. People have moved on and distanced themselves from TNR and probably wouldn't come back even if there WERE a core 3.

TL;DR: Those were some of the best times of my life, but unfortunately I don't talk with people from TNR anymore.
Ryuku
Ryuku
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male
Number of posts : 2051
TNR Name : Ryuku

RPG Stats
Name: Cloud Kai
Village: Sky Kingdom

http://shinehq.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strados Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:21 am

Lolz, I hope you don't mind me going through all the threads and reading some of it, as its all interesting. But what I don't understand is how you were able to do something as grand as this. I could see alot of hardwork was made with each stroke, however it faded before I could do much... Sad Hmmm, though I'm still around TNR, I"m stil going to keep going and try to be hokage for SHINE! then hopfully bring this place back up from the ashes. n.n as it should be. Times change, people come and go, however it doesn't mean tat it always ends with one go. NO >< actually, like me, there are still players inTNR who are still playing rigorosly, trying to achieve the greatest of all power.
I also pop up every month, seeing others members drop by to check if this place is still alive. Older members, though they don't say anything, it shows they've been floating around. xD remenincing about the good ol'times n.n
Hmmm, even though I signed up last year somewhere, it was sort of fun seeing a few people who were devoted all the way to the very end. I even prolonged Kiri's stay and chatted with her, though she does tend to sway to facebook now. Which I believe is the next thing for everyone or more. It did feel nice to have bin a tiny part of this place even for a little while, with not many people.
Strados
Strados

Male
Number of posts : 50
Location : In the shade of a tree, waiting for the moon, although...all I see is da light! wouldn't u wonder y?
TNR Name : Strados Heartnet

RPG Stats
Name: None
Village: None

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down